Mastodon The Writing Desk: Haunted Week - Tricked or Treated

29 October 2012

Haunted Week - Tricked or Treated

{This Girl Reads}

Some books aren't at all what you expected—which can be good or bad. Today's challenge is to think of some books you read that were either a 'trick' or a 'treat'.

The book I am currently reading is a real 'treat' - The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory. I must admit I used to avoid historical fiction, preferring well researched history - until I had a go a writing a novel set in 10th century Wales.  There will always be huge gaps in the accepted accounts, and the story of King Henry's first wife Katherine is a great example.  Phillipa Gregory uses italics for Katherine's personal reflections on events and really makes you think what it must have been like to live in Tudor times. 






I struggle to recall any books I've read recently I would describe as a 'trick' - if you can think of any let's hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting