Mastodon The Writing Desk: Stories of the Tudors podcast: Queen Elizabeth I Part Three

24 December 2020

Stories of the Tudors podcast: Queen Elizabeth I Part Three

 


This podcast is the third of a series of three looking at the life of Queen Elizabeth the first, and I’m exploring the myths and rumours surrounding the life of Queen Elizabeth, England’s ‘Gloriana’ – the virgin queen who reigned England and Ireland for 44 years.

In this podcast I’m exploring what Elizabeth really looked like – and how much of what we know of her is a reflection of her own carefully controlled image, or the prejudices of later historians. The main primary sources are the any portraits and descriptions of the queen by her contemporaries - but artists were rarely working from life, and even first-hand accounts are often by ambassadors, all with their own perspective. 

My book, Drake - Tudor Corsair is available from Amazon in paperback and eBook:


More information about all my books can be found on my website at https://www.tonyriches.com/

The Introductory music is La Volta,  composed by David Hirschfelder

Listen on PodBean  or find Stories of the Tudors 
on Amazon, Spotify or iTunes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting